10 Must-Have Phone Apps for the Tech (and not-so-tech) Savvy Traveller
September 10th 2009
Below are some apps for your smart phone. I recommend having these if you travel frequently or if you are just going away on vacation. Check them out.
- Babelingo: Contains 300 useful phrases in 11 different
languages—so you can ask, “Where’s the bathroom?” no matter where you are.
- Zagat To Go 09: The world’s most reliable restaurant review guide offers opinions on 40,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
- Rocket Taxi: Locates the nearest taxi service within a 12 mile radius.
- LocalEats: So you don’t want to dine at Chez McDonalds or spend an evening in charming Napa Valley at Applebees? This app locates highly-rated non-chain restaurants.
- Packing: An easy-peasy packing list for vacations and business trips.
- iXpenseIt: Keeps track of travel expenses from your smartphone.
- Currency Converter Pro: Find out how much 15 Rupees will set you back in US dollars. Supports 220 different currencies.
- TipStar: Easy tip calculator ~ also breaks down bill per number in your party.
- TripIt: Download your itinerary directly into you smartphone. No need to worry about losing your paper itineraries. Works great with FlightTrack Pro.
- FlightTrack Pro: Get up-to-date information on your flights. Departure/Arrival times, gate information, delays, weather ~ even has map track capability.